In order to fulfill the functions mentioned above, Vietnam Environmental Science and Development Institute shall conduct the duties as follows:
- Creating organizational ability: establishing R &D divisions with sufficient staff holding officially and concurrently positions at the headquarters in Ho Chi Minh City and branches in the North and Central Vietnam;
- Improving the ability of scientific research and application in the fields of environmental science and engineering and sustainable development;
- Deploying studies and R & D projects of environmental science and engineering and sustainable development;
- Providing services of EIA, SEA, environmental monitoring, environmental planning for the Government, local authorities, domestic and overseas companies in Vietnam and overseas;
- Training officers and experts in the fields of environmental science and environmental engineering;
- Performing activities of international and domestic cooperation for environmental protection and sustainable development; and
- Reporting scientific and engineering activities as regulated to the Department of Science and Technology.